The PAC is the official voice of the parents/guardians of students at McKenzie School. All parents/guardians are voting members of the council and are encouraged to attend monthly meetings held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the library. The PAC works in a variety of ways for the benefit of students, staff and the school community. Their aims are: to communicate with parents about school programs and policies; to communicate with school staff on behalf of parents; to provide opportunities for parent education; to raise funds for school equipment, projects and activities; and to organize social events to promote the development of a healthy school community. McKenzie PAC also sponsors a foster child in a third world country.
Reasons to be involved in the PAC:
- your child benefits from knowing you are interested in school
- you learn what is happening in education
- you become more familiar with the school’s operation and the staff who work here
- you meet more of the parents of your children’s friends
- you have input concerning the school and your child’s education